- Load thousands of text files,
fly over them, search and analyze
text at hypersonic speed.
- Load from .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 archive files
without prior extraction.
- Edit text on the fly.
- Create own commands on hot keys.
- Download the
Free 15 Days Trial Here.
- Read the full product description
The Swiss File Knife.
- One Hundred Command Line Tools in a Single Executable
for Windows (XP/Vista/7), Linux and Apple Macintosh.
- The Freeware edition supports everything except
direct reading of .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 file contents.
Download the Freeware binaries here:
- The Swiss File Knife Open Source Edition (SFK OSE)
allows to compile the tool for further platforms,
e.g. ARM based embedded Linux.
Just download the source code .zip package from
SFK OSE contains only a handful source files,
therefore a compile shouldn't be too difficult
(see do-compile-unix.bat within the .zip package).
- SFK Extended Edition (XE) allows direct reading of .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2
file contents. Some .zip file formats (e.g. 64 bits) are not supported.
If you are interested in SFK XE, first try SFK Base (see downloads above)
which contains a demo allowing to read the first 1000 bytes of each
archive file entry.
SFK XE is not available for Apple Macintosh.
More infos on SFK XE are available